Friday, October 24, 2008

My Promise


When I begin to write this post, I am as expectant as you, because I have no clue about what I am going to write.I don't intend to write a whiny post but forgive me if it turns into one.

I never really understood the influence my sinful nature had on my life until recently."I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate."[Romans 7:15]

I considered myself to be a born-again, Christian who reads the bible and prays fairly regularly, and tries hard to obey my Master voice in every situation. I always thought that my life was only influenced by the ways of the Master.

But recently when I was confronted with a few situations I realized how hard it was for me to actually obey the Master. I loved God and and all that but the unfortunate truth was that my sinful nature still had a dominion over me in certain areas of my life."For sin shall not be your master..."[Romans 6:13].This illumination made me really depressed and discouraged.

Everything I thought and did felt like hypocrisy, so I decided that I would abstain from writing and focus on other work until these things got sorted out.But the problem was that I couldn't concentrate on anything else until I wrote something. I was badly stuck!!

I am reading the book of Jeremiah, and there was something in here that I felt spoke of my concerns very well. "Perhaps he will be persuaded and deceived; then we will prevail against him, and we will get our revenge on him.[Jeremiah 20:10]"

This was exactly what I felt the devil was mocking at me.He wasn't trying any strong arm tactics, but there he was trying to deceive me into falling for his wooing persuasion."And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering."[Romans 8:23]

I thank my Master for giving me the insight to understand the schemes of the devil. But, now that I have realized the control that the flesh still has over my life, it has become a very shameful realization. After all these years of pure unconditional love from my Master, here I am struggling to overcome my flesh.

I am reading the book of Jeremiah now and this book truly communicates the Heart of my Master.God calls His children "the first fruits of His harvest","My children","My people","My minister","My house","My heritage","the dearly beloved of My life","My vineyard","My portion","My pleasant portion".

When I read each of these words, my heart aches within me. My Master, He is God of awesome power and highest honor, but there He is with His arms open wide with nothing but love. Can I ever love Him back with the love He loves me with?

Maybe I started this post on a whiny note, but I choose to not end it with one.Because...

"But the Lord is with me as a mighty and terrible One; therefore my persecutors will stumble, and they will not overcome [me]. They will be utterly put to shame, for they will not deal wisely or prosper [in their schemes]; their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten." [Jeremiah 20:11]

But this whole episode will serve as a constant reminder though I am His child and have His love, my flesh is constantly at work in my life, and that I need to be cautious stand up and fight so that I can secure my love towards Him. I will overcome because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.Not only that... I have divine genes in me. Because He is holy, I will work towards becoming Holy and He will help me."Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us."[Romans 8:37]

I will not let my Lord down, because He never gave up on me. I will stand up for Him and resist every scheme of the evil one.

I will be His beloved daughter with whom He can share His heart..........Forever.

This is a promise I make to you Master because of the faith I have in your Grace!!

No comments: