Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Disobedient teacher

I'm in one of those particular bad-mood day today, for one reason things did not happen as I planned or the other could be some weird hormonal imbalance. I wanted to start writing ths entry without making this proclamation but my creative juice refuses to flow without blurting out the truth.I'm kinda famous for getting into mood swings, When I'm in one of those I care a least about what others think and I just misbehave like a spoilt kid.

While I retrospect my previous experiences I remember one very particular time where my Master taught me a valuable lesson.

I was heading to Scripture Class from my home, my sister and I usually walk our way to church which would take us about 10 minutes. We start by 10:50 so that we can reach by 11:00 which is when the second service of our church gets over. After this, scripture class begins.I happen to teach Grade 5 children and there are 10 children in my class.

This particular day, I started kinda late from home (i.e. around 11:00) which was purely my fault. My sister started walking with me, she had a bad cold that day and was walking really slowly. I am a kind who walks really really fast, my sister is a snail, to top that she had a bad cold that day, she was dead slow. The more she sneezed the more I got angry, I screamed at her for being disobedient and sneaking into the kitchen for chocolates from the fridge when others were asleep. I can tell you that she has a great appetite for chcolates, she can finish 5 bars of chocolates at a time.

I stopped at the middle of the road and shouted, "Just start walking back home, I don't want a fussy running nose to church".Well aware of her sister's unpredictable moods, she stayed silent and said, "I'll come, you walk ahead". But seeing that she was really slow behind me, I kept grumbling about her even more. That was when I heard the little voice of my Master in my heart "Callie.. you are just about to teach little children about Me, about My gentleness, about My patience, with this kind of temper, you cannot carry my Word to them, control your temper."

I argued with my Master, ignoring His gentle stir, and continued scolding my sister, when she could bear it no longer, she started crying and started walking fast irritatedly. My Master had to resort to Plan B.I walked a few steps and phew!! I hit a little rock and my slipper's strap ripped off!!! Bang!!, this time I felt the hand of my Master spanking me, my crying sister was many metres ahead me. I was dragging myself with the torn slipper really very slowly and crawled my way to the church. I was late by 5 minutes.

Throughout my ordeal under the scorching sun while I was inching my way to church, I didn't hear a voice from my Master instead I was telling Him, "Thank-you God for this lesson!! You love your little ones in Scripture Class very much, so you would'nt allow a disobedient teacher teaching them"."Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty."[Job 5:17]

After the opening prayer, this was the first story I narrated to them before I could tell them how Jesus healed the sick woman, and the daughter of Jairus.

I walked back home with a group of laughing children and a surprised sneezing sister, only that she was kind enough not to leave me behind as I could in no way walk in conformance with her speed now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Disobedient Teacher "

A well written piece with an excellent narrative style . The episode told would be a nice teaching anecdote for any reader, with humorous touch. All the best writer. Keep it up.

BPS

Anonymous said...

"my master's voice" is a right place to put in - 'The Disobedient teacher'. It’s very important to glimpse into each facet of life with concern, because most of the times we are so hasty that we are carried away by our circumstances rather than the lesson we have to learn there. Great attitude! Keep budding with loads of such writings. God bless you... to be a blessing.