Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas ! :)

You and I know the significance of Christmas in our lives. We’ve heard it so many times, and we experience the privilege every moment. I thank God for that.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16

Christmas is the message of love, reconciliation and joy. It is the message of hope to the dying world. True….

But for you and me, who already know the Way, the Truth and the Life. Christmas is more than that.

Christmas is a challenge set before us.

On Christmas, God moved the supernatural like never before, so that He can come to man’s rescue. The birth of Christ was a radical move that changed man’s destiny forever.

God stepped out. He stooped down.

He became one with man, so that man will trust Him, through which He can save him. What an awesome God!! What an incredible plan!!!

Christ left His glory, His majesty and splendor to be born among us. His mission was accomplished. Today, through His life, He lets us to be reborn, so that we can accomplish God’s vision for the rest of the world. That’s Christmas.

If we are overwhelmed about Christ’s sacrifice, we ourselves need to be ready to surrender to sacrifice. That’s Christmas, and that’s the challenge.

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.” – John 15:16

True, many of us have ordinary lives. But the part we forget, is that, no matter how ordinary it is. It always has an extraordinary goal attached to it.

“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”-

2 Corinthians 4:7

Unfortunately, instead of focusing on our goals, we are preoccupied with meeting our needs, which is infact taken care of by God.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.” Matthew 6:31-32

Its time we get out of our comfort zones, out of our own glories, and step out, just like Christ did on Christmas. Being wrapped in swaddling clothes, or being born in a lowly manger, did not deny His Kingship. God did not stoop down because He gave up, but because He was about to proclaim victory.

I believe that we have arrived at a point in our world’s lifetime, where each of us has to make a radical move to make a difference in our place of calling. We need to go that extra mile, to build relationships, meet people at the point of their need, and turn their lives to Christ.

“For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.” 2 Timothy 2:10

I am not a person with a great evangelistic zeal, I don’t have many Christ-like qualities. I have not led any to Christ. But this Christmas, I want to take this challenge.

I pray that God enables me stretch my potential, enlarge my boundary, build relationships, fill my love tank and make a difference in the world around me. I am going to spend the few days before 2010 prayerfully considering ways that I can do this.

The world’s clock is ticking fast. We need to be laboring hard. People need to recognize us as people of faith and action. We need to let God work in us and through us. We need to kill the tendencies of mediocrity and strive to give God the BEST.

We keep the Christ-Centered Christmas to ourselves, and let the world enjoy their own versions. Shouldn’t this change ?

We celebrate Christmas because Christ completed His assignment. When we pursue our assignment, the rest of the world can celebrate Christmas too.

Can we take the Christmas Challenge together ?

Merry Christmas.

Love
Callie.

My sister has a post on Christmas as well, drop in at Nothing but a lovely life!

No comments: