Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cannot be forgotten

Dear Friends,

We are usually prone to getting into an emotional fit when everyone talks about persecution and pain, and then as time goes by conveniently forget things and carry on with our own lives.

I just want to encourage you to continue to join hands with thousands of other believers and pray for the persecution against our fellow brothers and sisters in our country. Orissa is still burning, and the injustices are still continuing with increased intensity.

Maybe we are separated by distances but we can travel on our knees and fight together. 

Traveling on your knees  

Last night I took a journey
To a land across the seas.
I didn't go by ship or plane - 
I traveled on my knees.

I saw so many people there
In bondage to their sin,
And Jesus told me I should go,
That there were souls to win.

But I said, "Jesus, I can't go
To lands across the seas."
He answered quickly, "Yes, you can -
By traveling on your knees."

He said, "You pray, I'll meet the need.

You call, and I will hear.
It's up to you to be concerned
For lost souls far and near." 

And so I did; knelt in prayer,
Gave up some hours of ease,
And with the Savior by my side
I traveled on my knees.

As I prayed on, I saw souls saved
And twisted persons healed,
I saw God's workers' strength renewed
While laboring on the field.

I said, "Yes Lord, I'll take the job.
Your heart I want to please.
I'll heed your call and swiftly go
By traveling on my knees..

By Sandra Goodwin

Prayer brings victory


Affectionately yours,
Callie

No comments: