Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Great Commision

I am always filled with fear when I consider the expectations of God from my life. God loves me, I know that full well, but; Is He pleased with me? Am I always receiving from God and turning a deaf ear to the longings of God's heart? Am I so caught up in fulfilling my own dreams that I've drifted from the original vision God had in mind when He created me? Have I become insensitive to the voice of God? Do I make Him smile?

My dad beams with pride when people say that I look like him or behave like him, if that's going to be the case for someone who conceived me through flesh, I can only imagine the joy that will swell in the heart of my God when I live a life that reflects His Image, an Image in which I was originally created. My dad is a very ambitious person, a person I look up to as an inspiration. He does a lot of things for me, even before I can ask, but when I do something that he likes, even if it maybe very insignificant, he gets very excited, and he may deny it, but I know for sure that I can see the pride in his eyes.

I want to see joy in my God's eyes when He sees me. I want my life to yield a harvest from which God will derive eternal pleasure. A life that will make its Creator proud. A life that lives for the Heart of God.The Heart of God is the dying people of the world. I don't need a 'calling' to be able to build my Father's Kingdom. It is my duty.If I boast of being a daughter of God and a partaker of His riches then I must be ready to give myself into my Father's business. It is this commitment that I make to my Father that makes me His daughter otherwise I remain as a poor stranger who requires the mercy of God but cannot be a part of God's vision.

I am God's daughter and it is my duty to build His Kingdom..Our Kingdom.

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.

Matthew 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

No comments: