Monday, January 28, 2008

Big Brother

Mom has got those ugly shots of migraine again, I have seen her suffer agonizing pain several times before.In fact I've known migraine from when I've known my mother.It pains my heart to see the otherwise chirpy enthusiastic energetic person curled up in bed whining with pain. When she holds her head and she groans 'Maa I can't bear it, it is killing me', her helpless face and expectant eyes paralysed with excruciating pain looks at me for an answer; I feel totally shattered; because I have no clue about what to do.

Not that I don't believe in the healing touch of Jesus but right now that is not what I want to write about.My heart longs to write about my Big Brother who encourages and strengthens me in times like this.My Jesus.

He is God, He can heal, He can create, He can destroy. Because He is God I cannot question Him, His ways are perfect, and He knows the pain more than I do.He loves my mother more than I do. For some purpose (that is for our absolute good) He is permitting the pain, nevertheless He has provided abundance of His grace. But during these times of frustration He does not abandon me and ask me to have more faith but He stands beside me like my Big Brother and holds me with His strong arms and reassures me that everything will be just alright. Sometimes when an episode of pain and confusion is over, I look back and I wonder 'How did I ever get through that?' and then I can see the Hand of my Big Brother that covered me and led me through those trying times.

Thank you Big Brother.. Thank you very much. Though it seems that everything is on me, You are the One who is in control. Thank you Jesus.. What would I have done without you?

Isaiah 66:13
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you;

Psalms 89:21
My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments: