Friday, April 4, 2008

Friends Indeed!!!

Usually I spend a lot of time thinking for the title of the writing, but for this piece the title was the first thing I keyed in.

I wonder how my life would have been without my two friends.., Evelyn and Beulah.

Evelyn... she made the first entry into my life; When she came in I hardly knew what friendship meant. She did a lot of things for me, things I can never write. When I was away from my parents, just when I was around her ,she made me feel totally at home,.Though our likes and dislikes are entirely different we stick together like paper and glue. I owe a lot to her for one thing, she made me discover myself.

Beulah... she came into my life two years later, but WOW!! .. whenever Eve and I talk about her, the single word that we use to describe her is 'gem'. She is totally understanding and very adjustable. Initially when Evelyn and I were new to college and Beulah was a new entrant into our lives, she gave us the space we needed. She never demanded attention and she saw to it that she never came in between the both of us. By becoming our best friend she strengthened our bonds stronger than ever.

You may wonder what this is got to do with 'My Master's Voice'. Well, my Master is the only God who calls His worshippers as friends, and He knows the value and importance of friends and that's why , when I surrendered my life to God, He gave me the perfect friends. Friends I could never have made on my own.

God uses them to add colour to my otherwise plain and boring life. Moreover, I can hear my Master's voice clearly anywhere whether in class, or in the bus, or in the mess hall, or in the lab, or in the library, because these the guys who are always around me,the Master's own special children.

When I think about these angels in my life, all I can say is , "Lord, you know me too well.. and that's why you gave me friends who can keep a check on my life. Thank you so much"

We fellowship, we pray, we do bible studies, we study (they're going to hit me for this!!), and most of all we live like we share the same life.

Ecclesiastes 4:10
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Luke 5:20
When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

No comments: