Thursday, September 22, 2011

From the heart of a Bride to Be - First Note

My earphones weren’t ringing Toby Mac; this time it was a familiar voice – but a voice that grew to be more than just ‘familiar’ now. It was yet another day, when we lost track of time and suddenly he said this,

He: I’m grateful to God that He’s let you be a part of my life… you are exceedingly abundantly more that what I can ever ask or imagine.
Me: And in you, I see a chance to see all my dreams come true…

In my mind I saw my hands placed over my mouth. “Man, what did I just say? Callie!! Is that YOU?? I thought I’ll be spared of all these mushy dialogues”. And having observed my groom-to-be from a distance for a while, I didn’t imagine that he had the ability to say things like this too. It came as quite a shock, when both of us were speaking to each other wearing entirely different personalities. But that’s how the pre-wedding days went by.

Being a bride-to-be was the most out-of-the-world experience of my life. It changed my routine, my work habits, my sleep patterns, and suddenly it looked like everything I felt, thought and said was so noticed and evaluated – sometimes appreciated and sometimes made me look like a fool. You feel like you’re the most important person in a stranger’s world... Man! That is Too COOL!

My days as a bride-to-be let me see a dimension that I least expected from myself. The phone-calls, the gifts, the words of reaffirmation, and the expressions of affection made me feel so valued. So far so loved, and now I felt loved even more.

But deep inside my heart; despite the security, the comfort, the sense of purpose and the depth of love, my heart, as a bride-to-be was always in a state of chaos. I used to get up every morning with a new 'What if?’ the unearthing of new expectations drove in doubts and fear.

As much as I was comfortable about my newfound love, I wondered every day, if I can ever expect a life close to what I was living so far, a life of freedom and acceptance. My heart drowned with questions, and I reached certain points when all my Reasoning failed, but one thing remained strong and that was FAITH!

I could foresee in my eyes of faith the kind of things the Master could do with our partnership as husband and wife. Whenever those giants of fear came by, my Master pushed me to see the PURPOSE in His Mind. The purpose I saw was like a giant gift, wrapped in the most attractive paper, I had no idea about its contents, but I was rest assured that God had a plan. That was enough! That kept us going…and will keep us going too.

Though, I spent most of these days listening to my pastor’s voice ( ;) my husband is a pastor) God was kind enough to let me hear my Master’s Voice too.
Penning down some thoughts!

Hope you like them!

Love,
Mrs. Callie Ariel

No comments: