Friday, March 11, 2011

Why I CAN'T BELIEVE?

 
As I write this post, I'm surrounded with several friends. They're my only company in the nights. Just that, when they're around I need to rub my feet against each other, or clap or slap my hands from time to time. And yeah...I'm talking about mosquitoes.

I'm tired with the manual confrontation, so I resort to technology. I reach out to take the mosquito repellent and plug it to the socket. Flashing a small LED, it starts working and keeps the mosquitoes away. 

Summer has set in already, and it's beginning to get hot. Grabbing the AC remote, I switch it on.

The mosquito repellent needs just 5 watts of power, and the air conditioner requires almost close to 1000 watts of power. However, both of them are connected to the same power source. 

If the current supply gets cut off, both of them are not going to work. 

Our lives are quite the same too. But somethings makes us think that we need to be empowered by God only for the so called 'big' things in our life.  For the rest, we assume we can take care by ourselves. Little do we realize that small or big, we can do all things only by God who strengthens us.

We all face 'big' challenges in life, and at such times, we say …"Hey! NO way, I can't do that." If you're saying that, then ask yourself, "Was it really me, who did the other stuff in my life?" 

I have a chronic problem of faith-deficiency, and in each of those cross roads I remember this verse, I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

This time, the word ‘everything’ spoke to me. 

Though I was working on having faith for the ‘big’ things in life, I failed to realize that the strength for every ‘small’ thing I do is also from Him. It’s the same Source.  The same power supply. My real problem was not my lack of faith, but my inability to be grateful.

If I had realized that the ‘so far’ in my life is God’s hand, and not my plan, it would be easy for me to believe Him for the 'hard' things. But somewhere in my heart I tend to think, that it’s all been because of me. It’s my effort, my brain, my work,  and my resources. Therefore, I define what is 'easy' and I define what is 'impossible to achieve'.

There are these really beautiful verses in Psalm 44.

“It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm and the light of your face. For you loved them.” - 3

And the poet goes on write

“I put no trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.” 6-8


When we boast of God for the small things, we can be sure He'd let us see the BIG things as well. But we boast of ourselves in the small things, and struggle to have faith to see destiny come to pass.

It'll be easy to trust God in big things, when we remember that the small things we do is also because of Him. 

When Thanks comes first, Faith comes easy.

Learning to be grateful,
Callie

Image Courtesy 
http://www.comicrelated.com/news/3230/dc-for-december-09

2 comments:

Kingsly said...

That was a great post. It reminds me of the right perspective we should have. "Without HIM i can do NOTHING"

Callie Ariel said...

NOTHING it is.. not even the things we think we can... :) thanks for taking the time to comment on the posts..it's really encouraging..